Elvie Trainer – Enhancing pelvic floor muscle training compliance, technique and outcomes.
Elvie Trainer is an over-the-counter pelvic floor muscle training guide and tracker, enabling users to benefit from clinical biofeedback at home
Why should Elvie Trainer be used to support pelvic floor muscle training?
Pelvic floor muscle training is effective in treating and preventing stress, urgency or mixed urinary incontinence, pelvic organ prolapse and lower bowel dysfunction. However, 30% of women cannot perform a healthy pelvic floor contraction with only written or verbal instruction. Comparing pelvic floor muscle training with biofeedback to pelvic floor muscle training alone, women using biofeedback see better improvement and a better long-term effect on motivation.
Meet Elvie Trainer
The user places Elvie Trainer inside her vagina and it connects to an app, guiding her through fun, five-minute workouts. Elvie Trainer is the only pelvic floor exercise device with a force and motion sensor, to detect and correct if a woman is performing a Valsalva maneuver instead of the correct cranioventral lift – potentially causing herself harm – as 30% of women do. The sensors measure pelvic floor muscle contraction and relaxation and the app allows the user to visualise the exercises in real time.
The workouts were created with the support of women’s health physiotherapist, Dr Kay Crotty (Physiolink), and urogynaecologist, Dr Rufus Cartwright (Oxford University Hospitals Trust) and incorporate clinical recommendations on the need for targeting fast-twitch and slow-twitch muscle fibres.
- Recommended by experts: Over 1000 health and medical professionals around the world recommend Elvie Trainer with confidence; Elvie Trainer’s unique ability to detect and correct incorrect technique, means that patients won’t get into bad habits at home.
- Backed by research: Adding to the wealth of supporting secondary literature, research presented at the International Continence Society annual conference (IT, 2017) and the Pelvic, Obstetric and Gynaecological Physiotherapy annual conference (UK, 2016) validates that Elvie Trainer enhances pelvic floor muscle training compliance, technique and outcomes.
- Created by women, for women: Small, comfortable, discreet and portable: designed with input from over 150 women. Award-winning design. Beautiful, innovative and smart: the winner of more than 12 design and innovation awards.
- Cutting-edge technology: Increases user motivation: gold-standard biofeedback technology measures force, detects incorrect contractions, corrects technique and keeps score.
- Durable and safe: Made with medical grade silicone, Elvie Trainer is 100% waterproof and has passed rigorous testing.
Elvie is creating extraordinary products to meet women’s health needs. Founding CEO and mother of two, Tania Boler, is an internationally renowned women’s health expert. She has a PhD in demography from the London School of Hygeine and Tropical Medicine and has held various leadership positions including: Director of Evidence, Research and Innovation at Marie Stopes International – the largest global provider of women’s health services. She combines her professional and personal experience to deliver meaningful and elegant design.
- In the box:User manual, Elvie Trainer, optional cover for custom sizing, Micro USB charging cable and wireless charging case.
- Compatibility:English, Spanish, German, French, Italian, Dutch, Portuguese, Swedish, Trad. Chinese, Russian + others
- Platform requirements:iOS 7.0+, Android 4.3+
- Material:Medical grade silicone
- Bluetooth Enabled:Yes
- Battery Life:1 hour = 1 month of recommended use
- Dimensions:H80 x W35 x D30 mm
- Device Weight:25g