Humeca MEEK System
The Humeca MEEK system is a unique and effective method to use very small areas of STGS to cover a large area. Expansion up to 9:1 is easier to achieve with this unique method of skin expansion. Whereas normal skin meshers expand a single sheet of autograft by creating horizontal holes into the graft, the MEEK system cuts 196 small island grafts from a single 42mmx42mm STSG. These small islands are expanded by a gauze that also serves to hold and fixated the graft onto the wound bed.
- Very small donorsites
- Large expansion ratios (up to 1:9) possible
- Any small skin fragments can be used; no long strips required
- Graft islands are close together in a regular pattern, resulting in fast and uniform epithelialization
- All graft islands are correctly orientated (dermal side down) on the wound bed, resulting in excellent graft take
- Failure of a few islands does not affect the overall graft take
- Actual expansion ratio equals theoretical expansion ratio
- Cosmetic results are comparable with meshgrafts of a lower expansion
- Grafts adhere to a fabric and are therefore very easy to manipulate when applying them to the wound
For more information, DVD and downloads, please contact Eurosurgical.